Are you ready to spring into Spring – or does this time of year mean a head full of allergies and feeling exhausted?
YOU DON’T NEED TO SUFFER
When dealing with any health challenge, the most important thing to know is that your body is designed to be healthy.
If Spring means sneezing, itchy eyes, rashes, clogged sinuses, and headaches, you need to transform your gut health and reduce inflammation.
It’s time for a good Spring Clean!
SPRING CLEANING ON THE INSIDE
There’s a strong link between allergies and inflammation.
For anyone who suffers from allergies, a good place to start your inner Spring clean is by drinking a glass of lemon water with aloe vera juice, first thing every morning before breakfast.
Lemon & Aloe Vera Juice is a simple recipe that helps calm inflammation, promotes better gut health, and supports your immune system.
SPRING CLEANING YOUR DIET
Cleaning out your pantry and what you’re eating is the next best place to start transforming your health this Spring.
Allergies are an immune response, and there’s a direct link between your diet, gut health, intestinal bacteria, and seasonal allergies.
Probiotics and omega-3 fatty acids can significantly improve seasonal allergy symptoms. And what you eat makes all the difference too.
ARE YOU EATING RIGHT?
Nutrients are chemical compounds in food that are used by your cells to create energy so your body functions effectively and you maintain health. They include proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and enzymes.
Poor nutrition occurs when your diet does not contain the right amount of nutrients.
Not eating the right foods is a major cause of illness, fatigue, and chronic non-communicable diseases – including allergies, depression, obesity, malnutrition, insulin resistance, heart disease, stroke, cancers, diabetes, high blood pressure, and cholesterol.
Healthy nutrition is essential for maintaining every function of your body.
If you want to live a healthy, allergy-free life, eat nutritious foods and restore any deficiencies.
TRACEE & SARAH CAN HELP YOU
If you need help with your nutrition or allergies, our team loves helping people heal.
Tracee Blythe – Naturopath, Nutrition
Tracee offers a nutritional RESET program to help you regain gut health, energy, and fitness. And she provides full naturopathic support.
Sarah Arbon – Nutrition, Nutritional Kinesiology
Sarah uses Nutritional Kinesiology to help you fine-tune the foods that suit your unique needs so that you can resolve allergies and nutritional imbalances.
SPRING CLEANING YOUR GUT
Spring cleaning your gut means eating unprocessed, unrefined, gut-friendly food.
- fermented foods – kimchi, sauerkraut, kefir, kombucha, miso, tempeh.
- avocado, broccoli, leeks, sweet corn, cauliflower, artichokes, beetroot, paprika, leeks, celery, onions, garlic, mushrooms, asparagus, fennel, cauliflower, carrots, Asian greens, pumpkin, sweet potato, English spinach, radish, watercress, asparagus, red capsicum, cucumber, tomatoes (really ripe off the vine), zucchini, peas, traditionally cured black olives.
- pineapple, papaya, apples, pears, berries, really ripe bananas, lime, lemon, citrus, dates,
- almonds, Brazil nuts, walnuts, nut pastes and nut milks.
- coconut milk, coconut yoghurt, coconut oil.
- pure date syrup for sweetening, or pure maple syrup, or raw honey in small amounts. No refined sugar.
- turmeric, thyme, sage, oregano, rosemary, parsley, ginger, coriander, cumin, fennel, cayenne, cardamom, lemon balm, dill, aloe vera, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, caraway, star anise.
- Chamomile and peppermint tea, green tea tea, ginger tea, Pu-erh tea, dandelion root tea, licorice root tea, cacao, turmeric golden milk.
- brown and wild rice, chia, linseed, oat bran, amaranth, buckwheat, millet, sorghum, quinoa, lentils. Always soak whole grains and legumes overnight (7 hours) and rinse before cooking to reduce phytic acid.
- cold pressed olive oil, sesame oil, walnut oil, avocado oil.
For more inspiration, have a look at our Healthy Gut Reboot smoothie recipe.
And keep checking in on our website blogs and Facebook posts too because we constantly share health tips and recipes.
Be allergy-free this Spring!